This is my second offering of Laid Out and Candle Lit for FREE. The Kindle edition will be a free download today, April 11, and the next two days…April 12 & 13.
Here are the results from the first time I offered a free download back in Febuary.
I recently did a free two day promotion for my first book, LAID OUT AND CANDLE LIT, via Amazon’s KDP program and wanted to share the results. Here are the statistics.
During the two days, Laid Out was downloaded 7,050 times.
The week following the promotion, both books combined were downloaded 125 times at regular price. That’s 125 sales in six days. Not bad.
I also received over 20 combined (both books) reviews.
When you sign up for the program, you do so for 90 days and during that time you have the opportunity to offer your book for free or at a discounted rate for 5 days. You can do the days all at one time or split them up, or only use part of them. I used two days during Feb. I plan to use the other 3 days during April.
During the Feb. free promotion, I sent our massive emails to my contact lists, posted once a day on Facebook and Tweeted once during those two days and asked friends to share the post. Many did. I also did free advertising on several book sites like Snickslist, Free Kindle Fiction, Pixel of Ink, KindleBoards Free Book Promo, etc.
If you’re considering a KDP promotion, go to:
There you will find a list of the free sites and instructions for posting. Paid sites are also listed.
Another helpful source is:
On this site, you’ll get information of how to make the program work for you.
Reasons for using the program:
1. GET YOUR BOOK ON KINDLES in different parts of the country. Mine was downloaded in every state as well as almost every foreign country.
2. MOVE BOOK UP IN RANKINGS***naturally the number of sales affects the rank, but Amazon gives weight to everything. So, if my book is only sold in Texas, my rank won’t be as high as another book with widespread sales, that’s why getting your book into many different areas helps. Just remember, Amazon updates rankings hourly, so although you may move up quickly, you can also plummet in the same amount of time!
3. MAKE SALES OF BACKLIST (The more books you have published, the higher your sales will be)**All who take advantage of your free offer are taken to your Amazon page to claim it, so your other books get exposure…just think, over 7,000 people looked at my page during those two days! Amazon updates your sales info every hour, so it’s exciting to see how many downloads are happening and where they’re being downloaded.
4. GAIN REVIEWS*** Amazon gives more power to certain reviews…another words, a 5 star from someone who has only reviewed a few things, will not help you as much as a 3 star from a top twenty reviewer on Amazon. Also, reviews from different states/countries move your book up faster than if all your reviews come from…let’s say the south, or a limited region.
5. NAME RECOGNITION…visits to your website***if readers like your work, they’ll visit your website. I saw a significant increase in visitors after my promotion.
The best part of all is the promotion is FREE. So, think of the advertising Amazon is giving you for nothing more than your promise to only sell your eBook on their site during those 90 days. Since most eBooks are bought on their site anyway, I’d say that’s a pretty good deal!